Instituteof Distanceand Open Learning (IDOL), Gauhati University
Dhamdhama anchalik college study/contact center
The Instituteof Distanceand Open Learning (IDOL), formerly known as Post Graduate Correspondence School (PGCS) was established in May 1998 with the objective to ensure the opportunity to pursue quality higher education to the large number of students who could not pursue higher education through conventional mode of education. IDOL strives to accommodate the students who cannot enroll in the conventional system of higher education due to various factors like limited number of seats in Post Graduate classes, livelihood compulsion etc. and aims to impart quality education in an intellectually challenging learning environment.
The Instituteof Distanceand Open Learning (IDOL) completed 19 years of successful existence in May 2017 and aims to continue the mission of spreading and providing quality education to the students. Starting with 514 students and 6 courses in May 1998, IDOL now witnesses its growth in all capacities with an enrollment of more than fifteen thousand students several programmes in a learning environment equipped with latest technologies. Apart from self-learning materials and counselling services, IDOL aims to maximize learning opportunities and the first E-learning portal of the North-East, www.bodhidroom.idolgu.in, developed by IDOL and Radio Luit, the CommunityRadioCenterare latest modes in student support services. With the commitment to ensure quality education to the masses the journey from Correspondence School to Institute of Distance and Open learning is not only a leap in quantity but also in quality.
Programmes offer by Dhamdhama Anchalik College study center
1. Master of Arts in Assamese 6. Master of Communication 11. Master of Commerce
2. Master of Arts in English 7. Journalism(MCJ) 12. Master of Science (IT)
3. Master of Arts in Bodo 8. Master of Arts in Philosophy 13. Master of Arts in Political Science
4. Master of Arts/M.Sc. in Mathematics 9. Master of Arts in Bengali 14. Master of Arts in Sanskrit
5. Master of Arts in History 10. Master of Arts /M.Sc. in Economics 15. Master of Arts in Education
Post Graduate Diploma Programme
1. PGDSMM 2. PGDHRM 3. PGDBM 4. PGDFM 5. PGDFS 6. PGDJMC 7. PGDCA 8. PGDBFS